Mountain biking is an eco-friendly healthy sport and heaps of people ride for fun and fitness. But there is more to Krank Dirtwear mountain bike clothing in New Zealand than just sweat, dirt, free riding and warm fleecies. A big part is also about warm fuzzies, making a difference, caring for the environment and following the MTB Code Of Ethics. That’s why we decided from the outset that we wanted to give back to the environment and make a difference where we could.
All mountain bikers like animals – even hard out Krank Dirtwear riders pause long enough in their pursuit of fun and speed to spot the wildlife. So, we give 5% of the net profit from sales of our mountain bike clothing in New Zealand to WWF. Down the track (ha!), we’d like to up that a bit. And it all depends on you cos the more you buy, the more we can give away. If you want to see where the money raised by our mountain bike clothing in New Zealand web shop is going, visit our chosen charity at www.wwf.org and see the creatures that need a bit more TLC than the animals we see on bike rides here in New Zealand.
WWF - New Zealand is part of the global conservation network working to conserve biological diversity, ensure sustainable use of renewable resources and reduce pollution. We work locally on conservation issues which affect New Zealand and our region. Our primary areas of conservation focus are:
- Marine conservation. Marine protected areas; threatened species; sustainable fisheries.
- Environmental education. Regional programmes; national resources and professional development; contestable funds for action projects.
- Community support. Contestable funds; lesson learning and sharing; policy and advocacy.
- International conservation and development. Partnerships with WWF programmes in developing countries with funding from New Zealand’s official development assistance.
- Ecological footprint. Sustainable forests; climate change, and toxic chemicals programmes are under development.
For more information about WWF, please visit www.wwf.org.nz.